Saturday, January 19, 2013

Did you say 'blog'?

Well, I'm back in here after a really looooooooooooooooooong time. Yes, I was halfway across the planet (Okay, maybe not the planet. Just hundreds of kilometres away from where I'd love to be.) but I'm back.

It's good to be back in the world of music again. Yes, I love listening to songs, I just didn't have much time to catch up on new songs. But I did check out BTOB's previous songs - Irresistible Lips and Insane - and their latest song, Wow. Did I mention Insane is my favourite? The thing is, it had never occurred to me that I would like any of their songs.

My friend first recommended their songs to me before they released Wow. At the time, I didn't pay much attention to many new artistes, what with the music industry in Korea churning out new groups and pretty boys and pretty girls faster than you can say "wait". And they're just so young, if I can remember, the youngest is 14? I'm not sure.

I remembered not bothering to listen to BTOB at first. Because all I had been thinking was, "They're just another group". But then I found out that they are from Cube. Can't hurt trying to listen, right? So I started listening to their whole album without so much as a look at their faces or MVs. The songs didn't have an effect at first, but then when it started to sink in, I kept thinking that there were two guys with familiar voices.

One sounded like Junhyung and the other sounded like Hyunseung. What were B2ST members doing in their hubae's songs? (LOL.) And the more I listened, the more I realised they just sounded alike, but there's this tone to their voices. The one who sounded like Junhyung had a more young feel. And the more I listened, the more I started to like their songs. (My bias list is going to be ruined yet again.) :P

And the first MV I watched was of course, Insane. 

Seriously?

You've got to be kidding me. The rapper's face reminded me of Junhyung. And the leader's face reminded me of Hyunseung. Most of all, there's this member whose face screams Heechul. Yep. My bias list is ruined. And I have entered the world of BTOB. *chuckles. But I managed to cast aside the lookalike feel, because Ilhoon and Eunkwang have their own styles. Sungjae? You don't look like Heechul anymore, rest assured. I have grown accustomed to your silliness, the maknae will forever act like a maknae. XD 

And when they released Wow, BTOB is already in my bias list. The tune's catchy and kept replaying itself in my head for weeks now. 

Okay BTOB, you just won over me. But not for long :P 


 "I’m gonna be better – it’s better if I’m not here
Especially today, you have so many secrets"

- BTOB 

-kN.- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mehehehe you have something to say? ;D