Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Shopaholic-Dorothy Analogy

I'm not sure why, too, but this scene just sticks to my mind when compared to all the other scenes. Ha.

"As we speak, interviews are being held at Successful Saving."

"The money magazine?"


"Snort not, sweet child. Alette may be your Emerald City, but Successful Saving could be your yellow-brick road. Dantay-West is a family of magazines that acts like a family. Deeply nepotistic. Ughh. So my advice to you, dear Dorothy, is thus... Once you're in... You're in."

That scene is just so.... memorable. Well it didn't stick the first time because I hadn't read the Wizard of Oz at the time, and after I actually read the book did I realise what he meant. Some things are better left unexplained, but some things are best investigated to satiate one's curiosity. Hmmm. Did I just... Did I just say that? I'm sorry, that was a poor attempt at being all philosophical.

By the way, excellent job by the actor. I mean, was that already in the script or did he think up all those hand gestures by himself? That was really attention-grabbing.



"Some legends are told,
Some turn to dust or to gold"

- Fall Out Boy

kN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mehehehe you have something to say? ;D